HUDSONVILLE, Michigan, August 1, 2017 – SoundOff Signal, a global leader in lighting and electronic warning solutions for the law enforcement, school bus and amber markets announced today that it will be extending its smartly designed mpower® product line. The mpower brand will now include an extremely thin, high-powered premium lightbar complete with first generation material technology.
Throughout 2016, SoundOff Signal collaborated with Dow Corning, a leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation based in Farmington, Michigan, to create a first generation optical design called ClearDuty Technology. Clear Duty was initially introduced by SoundOff Signal in September 2016 as a breakthrough material used in their new Fascia perimeter light. In addition to providing a powerful, head-on and off-angle illumination, ClearDuty Technology withstands punishing use and the duration of brutal weather conditions.
ClearDuty technology provides a molded one-piece housing and optic design that delivers a number of sustaining advantages over conventional polycarbonate optical light lenses:
- A small footprint with maximized candela output
- Greater resistance to gravel pitting, scratching or cracking
- Improved sealing to prevent water from entering the light
- Higher UV and thermal stability to prevent lens yellowing over time
In addition to its unique material technology, the mpower lightbar also provides a number of unique features
- At only one inch tall, the mpower lightbar is 50% sleeker than leading competitive lightbars
- Despite its compact size, the mpower lightbar provides brighter output than comparable 48-inch models
- Inboard and corner light modules were designed to be continuous to eliminate lighting gaps
- Alley lights can be configured in single, dual or tri-colors in order to maximize intersection awareness
- mpower is the only lightbar equipped with a standard photocell at no additional charge; the photocell automatically dims the lightbar at night while still meeting SAE Class I requirements
“With the addition of the mpower lightbar, SoundOff Signal now has one of the most complete and robust lightbar portfolios in the industry” said Tom Palumbo, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for SoundOff Signal. “It is our privilege to be able to collaborate with such an innovative company as Dow Corning as a means of advancing new problem solving technologies in our industry.”